We are attempting to carry on with life as normally as possible. A number of things make that challenging. Russ' care center doesn't have enough gasoline to pick up patients so he is home all week. The school where I work has switched over to virtual schooling with some activities for students who live close enough to walk or bike to school. I have my work computer at home and am trying to keep up with things as best I can. Tomorrow we plan to have a storytime for preschoolers on campus.
We get news from the American embassy once or twice a day with updates on the nuclear power plant situation, aftershocks, and additional tidal wave possibilities. I feel these reports are a more reliable source than the media. I believe we are not out of danger, but are not necessarily in danger either.
I was walking along outside and heard myself say, "Just live your life normally." I am not in the habit of talking aloud to myself. Did the Holy Spirit prompt me to say those words to speak to me? I think so. We know God does not mean for us to live in fear. We choose to trust Him and believe He will guide us to make wise decisions.
Just as Esther was in the king's household "for such a time as this," we feel God has called us to minister here in Japan at this time. (Esther 4:14) We need your prayers. It's beautiful to see missionaries and Japanese Christians working together for His glory.
CRASH (Christian Relief, Assistance, Support, and Hope) is making good progress in their efforts to equip churches in the hardest hit areas to be centers of help and hope. The organization is currently headquartered next door to school and able to use some of our classrooms since we are not holding regular classes. Our students and staff are volunteering. We're housing a volunteer from Hokkaido for an indefinite period of time.
Why is it we have earthquakes whenever I write this blog? Maybe we're getting used to them. I didn't even go stand in the doorway for that one. In the past, one that strong would have sent us for cover. In comparison, it felt quite weak. The Lord willing, we won't get too complacent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment