Russ and I appreciated our pastor's sermon this morning. He talked about how God graciously takes what is evil and redeems it for good. We're all conserving gasoline so I was surprised to see the church full. As we walk through this time of crisis in Japan, we have this desperate need to live in community.
This afternoon I had a little rest before cooking for relief workers and then attending a seminar on emotional care for those who have been traumatized. At the seminar I sat by a missionary friend on one side and a sign language interpreter on my other side. The room was filled with Japanese from different generations as well as other Christians from many nations and mission organizations. It is amazing and deeply gratifying to see the church of Japan working together.
I've been so touched to hear how my former students are stepping up to the plate and doing what they can. They've stood on street corners collecting money for relief and offered to pray for people. One talented young adult was just laid off from her job and immediately started using her skills in the relief effort. Our kids are praying. They're volunteering their time. They are doing just what the mission of our school aspires to–Equip students to impact the world for Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment