Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's hard to complain when...

Many good things are happening, but uncertainty is stressful. Ordinarily it comes pretty naturally for me to see the bright side of life. I think when God created me He put in an extra happy gene. But even happy people get tired.

Today I felt grumpy. Not all day, but I had my moments. I sprained my foot, but it's hard to complain about a little foot pain when I'm married to someone whose entire right side is paralyzed and he's not complaining. At school we're cutting down on electricity by not using heat. I got so cold in my office today I could hardly type and my throat started hurting. But it's hard to complain when people up north don't have an office or home to go to.

We're thankful that today Russ' adult care center resumed service so that he was able to get a warm bath and therapy again. I was able to go to work fully confident that he was well cared for. This step towards our normal routine was very comforting.

My brother reports being able to purchase gasoline today here in Tokyo without a long wait.

More teams from CRASH are being sent into Tohoku with supplies. Since we are not holding regular classes at school until after spring break, our dining hall is temporarily being used as a gathering place for donations.

We are about 250 kilometers away from the struggling nuclear power plant. Radiation levels are reportedly not a problem for adults at this time in our area. We are not overly concerned for ourselves, but do pray for God's mercy.

Tonight our house guest fixed supper for us and did the dishes. That was lovely. It's just plain hard to stay grumpy when we're so spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment