Saturday a friend said it was the first day since the earthquake that it felt like a normal day for her. The next day another friend said the same thing. Today was my first day for things to feel a little more routine. I rode public transportation that ran according to the posted schedule, I passed a gas station that was open but didn't have a line of cars waiting to buy gas, and I even saw toilet paper for sale.
But then tonight I received a phone call from someone asking a favor of me that would require several hours of time. It felt like an overwhelming request even though it wasn't something difficult for me to do. Under ordinary circumstances I would have just made the time to do it, but tonight I hesitated and said I'd get back to her.
I've realized that even though we are not in a hard-hit area, we are all affected deeply by Japan's pain. Every time I think about how cold it is for late March, I think of those up north struggling to keep warm with snow and no heat. The young woman staying with us while she helps with the relief effort is working so hard. Stress is really exhausting.
This week is Spring Break at the school where I work. Please pray that each of us (staff and students) would be refreshed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment