
Jesus says He is always with us. I believe Him. This afternoon we had a fairly strong aftershock at a time Russ and I "just happened" to be passing each other under a door frame. That was the perfect place to be–where things are least apt to fall on us if things start toppling. We were already in our preferred location so we just stopped and prayed until the house stabilized. Recently we had a shaker and I realized later that I went through the whole earthquake without praying. I definitely don't want to get that used to earthquakes. But even when I'm not consciously communing with Him, Jesus never forgets me.
The tulips in our garden are just beautiful this year! The cherry blossoms were slow in coming, but now that they're here, they are lovely and lasting just a tad longer than usual. We've all needed this reminder of God's care and love for us.
When Russ rinsed out my lunchbox last night he asked, "Did you eat your lunch out under the sakura?" He found delicate pink petals that had fallen in my lunch when a breeze created my favorite kind of snow-pink snow! Russ' reminder of God's handiwork caused me to once again hear God whisper in my ear, "I'm with you. I care about you."
And just in case I missed the message, this morning when I made my bed, I found sakura on my pillow. Surely God wanted me to start another day thinking about His presence.
Maybe it's not flowers and sunshine that are shouting God's mercy to you right now, but I'm sure God is giving you glimpses of His character in ways that speak to your heart. Are you listening?

No comments:
Post a Comment