• Over Spring Break a free soccer day camp for elementary students was held on our school playground. Kids needed something to do. With less than a week's notice the organizers hoped for maybe 50 kids. CAJ students, homeschoolers, and church kids started inviting their friends so that around 200 kids came. They played soccer and heard the gospel. One Japanese mom expressed how happy she was for her son to have this unique opportunity to learn about morals and sportsmanship.
• T came to church for the first time saying, "I'm interested in English and what you Christians think."
• J accepted Christ
• The first day back at school since the earthquake went very well. The day was punctuated with broad grins and hugs. While sadness clings to each of us, the joy of togetherness brought another layer of healing.
• I started reading Fearless by Max Lucado aloud to Russ. I'm motivated to write out and meditate on Bible verses about not fearing, having courage, and not losing heart.
• We have been blessed to have S living with us for 2 1/2 weeks while working at CRASH. She left Sunday and we'll receive our next relief worker into our home tomorrow.
Today I heard eye-witness accounts from people who've been involved in the front lines of relief. My friend told me that even the worst pictures in the media cannot begin to show the extent of the devastation. The destruction goes on and on and on. I'm comforted by this thought: God's mercy, love, and goodness go even further. He sees Japan's pain and offers hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment