Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss' birthday


Today, March 2, is Dr. Seuss' birthday. It just seemed fitting this morning to make green eggs and ham for breakfast. I like to prepare real food and not use artificial coloring so I made the eggs with spinach and they turned the perfect shade of green. I covered the ham with kiwi so they looked green too. Just in case Russ missed it, I made a little Cat-in-the-Hat hat to decorate the plate. It all tasted great and was fun too.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love the little hat, and I will have to try making the eggs green with spinach instead of food coloring this year -- traditionally, we make green eggs and ham on St. Patrick's Day... Thanks for sharing, Flossie! :)
    I think of you and Russ often -- and with great fondness. God taught me so much through you two, and He continues to teach me through you. Thank you for being willing vessels. His love and joy shine through you so beautifully.
    Love you lots!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I love Dr. Seuss books but you have taken it to a whole new level!
    Russ is blessed to have a wife like you! And I'm blessed to call you sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete