Monday, October 4, 2010

Interview

Wednesday two of Russ' therapists and a reporter from their organization came to our house to interview Russ. They thought Russ could be an encouragement to the other clients by printing an article about him even though we have never met any of them.

The day before the interview I went to visit one of Russ' doctors to pick up test results. Although I understood the good news (Russ does not have osteoporosis!), I was totally lost when the doctor tried to explain the tests using terms I don't know in Japanese and perhaps even in English. I felt so inadequate I wanted to cry. The doctor was saying important things and I just couldn't get it. Russ was counting on me and my language skills were failing me. God reminded me that I have to depend on Him. It just doesn't work to go waltzing in there thinking I can handle it.

When the reporter came the next day I knew that it would have to be God's words and not Russ' or mine. The Holy Spirit definitely guided the conversation. We had a lovely time together and opportunities to share our faith in Jesus came naturally. After taking lots of pictures of Russ, the interviewer was interested in all the photos on our refrigerator so asked to take a picture of them. Then as she left she took a picture of the placard in our entryway with the Japanese characters for faith, hope, and love. She also liked the placard my sister-in-law made for me that says "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I don't know which pictures will make the final article.

Even if the article is never written, we felt the time had been well spent as these three people got to spend a little time in a home where Jesus lives. We felt His presence that day. We trust they did too...and if the article blesses others, that will be an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment