Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Little Things

Sometimes we think we have to do big things to really count for something. I think God cares that we respond to His quiet promptings about little things too. At least I know for me, it's easier to obey God in bigger things when I practice with His little requests.

Last Sunday I started to leave church, but felt led to go back and give my young Ugandan friend a hug. She wrote me an email that evening saying she was lonely and prayed that God would send someone to hug her that day.

Last Tuesday at the last minute I lent a book to a young man because he had forgotten his reading material. I only had a minute to choose a book so prayed and grabbed the book entitled Sundays with Scottie. Later when I asked if the book had appealed to him he clutched the book to his bosom and told how it touched him deeply and could he please borrow it longer.

With no kids coming home this Christmas and no big events in our home planned this month, I was tempted not to bother with Christmas decorations this year. My sister-in-law encouraged me to put them up for Jesus and reminded me of the therapists and others that come to our home. I'm so glad I put them up. My various little Nativity sets have brought me many smiles and provided opportunities to share...opportunities I may have missed if I have been too focused on just the big things.

Merry Christmas!
Flossie

No comments:

Post a Comment