Monday, April 15, 2013

Grandparenting


Missionaries don't often get to see their grandkids. We just experienced a glorious two weeks with our daughter, son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter visiting Japan. They were here during cherry blossom season making this special time of year even more amazing. 


It was Russ' first time to meet his granddaughter. Without a doubt, it was love at first sight!



Auntie Christie was totally enamored with her little niece. She just couldn't get enough of her and now after she's gone frequently sighs with longing to see her again.


I'm the grandma so of course I think she's pretty special!! I started signing the alphabet to her but she's not quite ready to read yet. I'll need more time with her!


We have a lovely daughter-in-law who is a wonderful addition to our family.


We were able to introduce Aravis to many friends including Christie's pastor here in Japan and his family. Christie attends a deaf church that meets close to our house. 


It's so hard to narrow down the pictures, but alas...I must. It's amazing how many strangers would come up to us and talk when we had a cute little baby in tow. Now the baby is back home with her daddy and mommy in the US and we're relishing the memories. Thank you, God!

1 comment:

  1. The baby/blossoms pic has to be the best baby pic ever. I've stared and stared at it - precious, healthy, innocent - what an absolutely gorgeous pic. Glad you are enjoying this time in your life. Am very happy for you. Judy Hubley

    ReplyDelete