![]() |
| Plum Blossoms |
| Sakura-Cherry Blossoms |
Sometimes life is like that. God’s timing isn’t always what
I expect or would choose, but God’s will is always rest-worthy. In recent weeks
I sensed God was preparing me for something. I wasn’t sure what it was. I suspected it would be something I wouldn’t like, though part of His plan for my
greater good. If you’ve followed my blog you may know that God has been
reminding me to embrace the unexpected and take the long view. My unexpected
happening happened.
My brother and his wife have made the decision to relocate
to the US after serving with us as TEAM missionaries here in Japan for 25
years. We will miss them! Jeannie has been a friend for 38 years and we’ve
worked together for 20. I have gotten used to having my brother nearby for
support and fellowship.
I’m really sorry to see them leave Japan, but I choose to
believe the sakura will still bloom at just the right time. This will work out for good for them and all of us here in Japan
missing them because we’re resting in Jesus.
The day before Easter I took a walk to run some errands and
saw the usual…the altars, shrines, and temples everywhere. I startled with
pleasure when I saw this tree decorated with Easter eggs. My first thought was
that a missionary must live there so I checked the name plate at their
entrance. The name was Japanese. Could it be that a Christian lives there? Very
few people know anything about Easter. Many holidays-Valentines Day, Halloween,
and Christmas–have been introduced into mainstream Japanese society, but not
Easter. I was thrilled with this Easter egg tree–a symbol of new life amidst
the darkness. The next day we had an inspiring day celebrating Christ’s
resurrection with brothers and sisters from many countries. And the sakura
bloomed.
Our daughter was laid off from a job she loves. It’s tough,
but I hear they have sakura in Seattle too. I wonder what God has for her.
Russ and I enjoyed a sakura-framed therapy walk on Tuesday.
We stopped long enough for him to rest and to ask a stranger to snap a picture
of us.




No comments:
Post a Comment