Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ending or Beginning?

The last few weeks have been filled with endings and beginnings.


Our nephew finished well at CAJ graduating with awards in sports, music, academics...even in "collaborating." He's a well-rounded young man who loves Jesus. We're proud of Jared and praying for him as he finishes his last few weeks living in Japan by being a counselor at Joy Bible Camp. Then he's off to the US for college.

Thursday I watched the fifth graders say their farewells to elementary school. As they bowed in Japanese fashion and then youthfully skittered across the stage, I thought about their stories. If I were a kiddie lit author, I'd have plenty of fodder for fascinating tales. It's just plain cute to watch them jabber away in multiple languages.

One fourth of the students at our school have come through School Support Services, the division of Christian Academy that I oversee. I feel a special kinship to these students.

At the end-of-the-year staff party, both of my co-workers received awards for 10 and 20 years of service to CAJ respectively. After working with Jeannie for the past twenty years I can't imagine what it's going to be like next year when her family is on a one-year home assignment. Thankfully Gina will still be my able co-worker and God is sending us a young, talented, tri-lingual CAJ graduate to work with us for the year Jeannie is gone.

Even though we've officially ended another school year, I'm still working in the office tying up loose ends and planning for next school year. Our theme for next year will be Love in Action. In my next blog I'll tell you about some of the ways God is using CAJ staff and students to help out in areas affected by the tsunami.

No comments:

Post a Comment